Our attorneys have extensive experience necessary to advise clients in the administration of Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts.
- Trust administration
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns, including to elect spousal portability
- Preparation of Iowa inheritance tax returns
- Preparation of fiduciary income tax returns
- Advice and assistance regarding:
- joint tenancy, payable on death or transfer on death clauses, and beneficiary designations;
- title to real estate; and,
- Business formation of closely held corporations, limited liability companies and family limited partnerships.
- Business succession planning in the form of buy-sell agreements, shareholder/stockholder agreements and stock redemption agreements.
- Individuals and families with "ordinary" needs (e.g. with children)
- High net worth individuals
- Individuals with assets owned in several different states
- Closely held corporations of any size
Cases and Transactions
- We have developed estate plans designed to save hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal estate tax.